While the heating and the air conditioning systems in your car are connected, they are two different systems and function separately. Nonetheless, like every part or system in a vehicle, car owners need to take care of the heating and A/C systems. Regular maintenance is of utmost importance to keep both systems in good working order and extend the lifespan of your car. Importantly, scheduled maintenance negates the risk of nagging gremlins affecting your vehicle’s heating and A/C system.
Being vehicle heating and cooling systems experts, we understand and appreciate the value of taking care of these systems. As such, we use our comprehensive multi-point check procedures and processes to ensure every part or subsystem in the A/C or heating system functions effectively and efficiently. Whether your car A/C stopped working suddenly, or you face a problem that gradually gets worse, we will get to the bottom of the issue and solve it.
Common Issues With The A/C System
- Low Refrigerant– This is one of the most common issues that a vehicle A/C system faces. A sign of low refrigerant levels is the car air conditioner making noise and not cooling. Depending on the refrigerant level, the A/C might blow cool or even warm air, but not cold. Facing such a situation during summer is not a pleasant experience. You need a coolant top-up. Depending on your vehicle’s make and model is either R-12 or R-134a.
- Clogged Or Leaking Condenser– When the A/C does not have ample refrigerant coursing through the system as per the OEM design, you will not get any cooled air coming from the vents. Condenser leaks can reduce the effectiveness of the A/C. Additionally, crud build-up at the front of the condenser will restrict the flow of refrigerant. Consequently, the car air conditioner may make noise and not work.
- Damaged Compressor– The A/C condenser is the device wherein heat exchange occurs, allowing the A/C system to dump heat outside. For the condenser to function efficiently, it `is placed in the front of the vehicle, which leaves it vulnerable to damage from getting hit by objects such as rocks. If a knock ruptures the condenser and it’s leaking refrigerant, it needs to be replaced immediately to negate further damage to the system.
Another common issue that are A/C systems face is a Broken Belt.
Common Reasons For The Heating System Not to Work
- Low Coolant– Your car uses the heat drawn from the coolant engine to warm up the cabin. The coolant is drawn from the engine block, passes through the heater core. At the heater core, heat transfers from the coolant to the air that’s blown to the cabin. Low coolant levels tend to reduce the efficiency of heat evacuation from the engine. This reduces the amount of heat available at the heater core.
- Air In The Coolant System– Having air traverse the coolant system reduces its efficiency. Water can take a lot more air from the engine block than air. As such, when air is trapped within the coolant lines, the cooling system is unable to evacuate enough to warm up the cabin. This is also dangerous to the engine due to the risk of overheating.
- Malfunctioning Heater Core– The heater core is a mini radiator made of aluminum or brass tubing that allows coolant drawn from the engine to circulate. The heat in the heater core is blown by fans, helping to disperse heat into the cabin, keeping this space toasty warm. Unfortunately, the heater core is prone to a myriad of problems such as clogged tubing, fan-blown air not reaching the heater core, or cooler not moving efficiently within the heater core. It is paramount to have this critical part of the heating system regularly maintained.
- Failed (Or Malfunctioning) Thermostat– When faced with a thermostat malfunction or failure, the heater may work intermittently or not work. In such cases, the best course of action is to replace the thermostat.
Automotive Air Conditioning Repairs in United Arab Emirates
With over 6 years of experience in the auto repair industry of United Arab Emirates Exotic Auto Services technicians have the experience and reputation to guarantee your car maintenance check-up or repair runs smoothly. Our customers can attest to the shop’s expertise, repair turnaround time, and customer service. Our founders, Mike and John, have strong ties to the community and believe our clientele come first. Call now for an appointment +97125555563, or use the ‘Quick Contact’ form on our site to get started.